Saturday, October 15, 2016

Ballot Arrived & First Vote Received!

Hubby Mike is a longtime vote-by-mail citizen and he received his ballot this week from the Department of Elections, via the U.S. Postal Service. Letter-carriers sure keep busy in the fall delivering political flyers and ballots.

Mike voted for me with a thick black line connecting the arrow on the ballot, for the BART board of directors. He also cast his ballot for Hillary Clinton for president. He'll mail his votes back to City Hall on Monday.

I'm feeling an extra something - pride, civic engagement, grassroots patriotism - not quite sure how to best describe what I'm feeling, because I'm on a ballot during an incredibly effing freaky presidential campaign.

In a small way, I'm making history just being on the ballot regardless of total votes I may receive. Feels good.

Vote for zealous Petrelis!

1 comment:

vcdiva said...

I was thrilled that I did not have to write your name, and that it was already on the Ballot! I have already cast my vote for "zealous Petrelis!," for Bart Board!