Wednesday, September 07, 2016

BART's 10 Closed Toilets, Pilot Plan to Reopen 1 S.F. Restroom

My public records request to BART for their list of all operational and closed toilets produced the list of the ten shuttered restrooms. More than half, six, are located in San Francisco and four are situated in the District 9 seat I am running for.

Those stations are Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, Civic Center, 16th Street and 24th Street.

I've also been provided with the PowerPoint slides presented to the board of directors on August 11, which is not posted on BART's site and I've asked that this change. BART needs to make the toilet information fully transparent without a request required.

Ken Duron, the district secretary, in a phone conversation today, explained that the reason why the 10 underground toilets are closed is because if a bomb were planted in one and exploded, it would do more damage than a bomb detonating in one the 34 above ground restrooms that are open.

I chose ten of the slides, including those showing what the revamped Powell Street toilet area would cost and look like if approved by the board.

While it's good to have these slides, I still wish to obtain BART's actual and full written toilet policies. Hopefully those documents will come my way by the close the business week.











No comments: