Sunday, November 06, 2011

November is 3rd Month in 2011
the Castro Theatre is Shut 8-Nites

(The Castro's calender for November. Click here for info on programs, tickets and showtimes.)

It is never too early to express concern that an iconic still-functioning single-screen movie theatre may be ailing and not getting the audience it needs to stay in business, operating seven-days a week.

You'll recall I blogged about the Castro Theatre being closed eight-nights in April, while in August I wrote about the eight dark night that month.

November is the third month in 2011 our cherished picture show palace won't be showing a film or hosting a live event.

I didn't pay close attention to the January and February Castro calendars, and they're not online, so I don't I know if either month was closed for just over a week or close to it, as happened for April, August and November. I hope they weren't months where the Castro was shut for just over a week; bad enough with three such months.

For my part to help keep the Castro surviving and thriving, I plan to catch at least three films on the new schedule. Give the calendar a glance, print it out, post it on your refrigerator door and make it this theatre in the near future for a film or two.

No comments: