Monday, January 10, 2011


DailyKos Warning Over 
My Corrupt Lez Diary

I'm not sure exactly what the DailyKos web site editors consider to be homophobia language in a recent diary I posted about three corrupt lesbian politicians receiving patronage appointments from Arnold Schwarzenegger last week, but I received this notice about the diary:

You've Been Warned...
2011-01-07 19:10:40
Neither radical queers nor gay bashers get a pass for posting homophobic language.
I understand the above warning (posting is no longer allowed until this is acknowledged).

3 corrupt lez pols get cushy 6-figure Schwarnzenegger jobs Hotlist

Fri Jan 07, 2011 at 02:24:02 PM PST


Would not surprise me if the site's editors object to my use of lez in the diary title, and I'd be most curious to see what would happen if I tried to create a diary about the LezGetReal site. The only choice I have at this point, according to the warning is to acknowledge it, if I want to post again at DailyKos.

I guess appealing the warning is not an option, and that is the right of the site owners. It's their site and they make the terms of service, and decide if someone has violated the terms. That's the way of the web. I just wish the warning had been specific about which words were deemed homophobic.

No comments: