Monday, July 13, 2009


State Dept OIG:
No Gay Iraqi Torture Files


I recently filed two Freedom of Information Act requests, one, with the State Department proper, and a second one with the Office of the Inspector General within the department. My first request is for any files related to gay Iraqi torture and murder since Duncan Osborn of Gay City News filed his FOIA in September 2007.

And my second FOIA was a fishing expedition at the OIG, which has no jurisdiction over policies and human rights programs and abuses, but still might have had something in their archive pertinent to gay Iraqis. I was wrong in my thinking.

I expect to hear from the FOIA office at State within a month about my first request.

Here is the recent letter from the OIG's FOIA office, closing my request:

No comments: