Sunday, November 30, 2008


'Milk' Lands at No. 10 on Box Office Chart

The holiday weekend's estimated box office receipts are now posted at BoxOfficeMojo.com and Gus Van Sant's "Milk" came in at number ten on the top-grossing chart. Projected receipts come to $1,866,000, and it had the best per-screen average of any flick playing right now with a whopping $38,361 figure reported. Couldn't happen to a better movie.

I went by the Castro Theatre on Saturday night where "Milk" is playing, and the box office said the 4 pm and 7 pm had sold out, with almost to an almost-to-capacity crowd for the 1o pm screening. Anyone know how to get the grosses for the Castro? I'd like to see how much "Milk" took in at our neighborhood cinema palace.

Click here to see the weekend's box office chart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw it on Sunday at 4pm, and there wasn't an empty seat in the house. I had to sit way up at the back of the balcony, where I could have made shadow puppets in the projector beam. It was fun to watch a movie featuring footage of the very theater in which I was watching it. :)

Oh, and Sean Penn is a shoo-in for Best Actor.