Friday, November 02, 2007


I'm Back! Laffing at Herniated Disc, Opera Date w/Straight Boyfriend, Pics
After three weeks of excruciating pain from a severely herniated disc, and very limited ability and time for the web and blogging, I'm getting back to some normal activities. I still have trouble sitting and walking, okay, limping really, with months of more chiropractic and regular medical appointments in front of me, but now is the best time to get plugged in again to the web.
One lesson I've been reminded of during this ordeal is the healing power of laughter, even when there is seemingly no reason to chuckle. I'm very thankful for all my friend and relatives who've made jokes about signing up for a dancing reality show. Heard something funny lately? Share the humor with me, _please_, a gay man who these days is both limp-wristed and limp-hipped!
Speaking of returning to getting out and about, a young pal I call my straight boyfriend, because we take in cultural events together and just like each other's company, Josh, took me to the San Francisco Opera on Halloween night. My gay boyfriend Mike stayed home and off the crazy streets of San Francisco on this major party night.
We saw a wonderful production of Mozart's "Magic Flute" and enjoyed the great party ambience of some of the audience in the lobby. Quite a number of opera-goers were done up in costume and masks, adding to a generally bubbly mood. Here are pics from my date Wednesday night with Josh and a few snapped on the way to the opera.

(My pal Josh before the performance.)


(Peter John, my neighbor.)


(Bobby the Witch, working Market Street.)


(At least one opera patron was horny.)


(Pirates on the prowl in the lobby.)


(A crew of friends hitting the bar.)


(A lady holding court.)


(A bell hop and Malice from Wonderland, looking for the bathrooms.)


(A handsome Arab bear, on his way to the bar.)

No comments: