Saturday, September 03, 2005

AP: Texas Guardsmen at Sewerdome "Standing Watch"

Okay, I'm beyond saturation with news from the Gulf Coast and the horrors of Katrina, so I don't know if this is fresh news or not.

The AP is reporting the following:

"The last 300 refugees at the Superdome climbed aboard buses Saturday, eliciting cheers from members of the Texas National Guard who had been standing watch over the facility for nearly a week as some 20,000 hurricane survivors waited for rescue." (Source: AP )

Have I somehow missed the news that Texas National Guardsmen were present last week in New Orleans at the Sewerdome, "standing watch" over the facility and not the people in it?

Someone, please, tell me if any state's Guardsmen were anywhere near the Sewerdome and who was in charge of them?

Don't tell me _any_ Guardsmen were at that hell-hole last week while the sh*t went down, or that they were protecting the building and not human life.

No comments: